Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Mo' money mo' reviews yo

So basically it goes like this:  I have recently started getting paid decent sums (beer money level) from My Game Creators Store and have started funneling that back into assets to purchase for review/use.

So I picked up a number of really nice pieces to review, I plan on doing reviews on them in the next few weeks.

More of oldpman's stuff, including an update to his carnival set.  Seems like he really listened to my input and went with some really welcome additions.  I can't wait to show them.

I also got the Wizard of Id's  underground set.  It's got a lot of nice pieces including illumination mapped lamps I desperately needed.

Lastly I picked up Reliquia's new stealth fighter.  It's an impressive piece of work and I'm anxious to give it a go.

I've also continued working on my own game, which I still need a good name for.  :(

The basic flow of it will be a sci-fi loot and shoot.   The most recent level, a backwater space station/relay really came together a bit with the basic prototyping last night.  I mean I've been working for weeks on various forms/shapes of it and never quite put it together.  Last night went exceptionally well with is so I'm looking forward to getting it moving in a forward direction, for once.

Levels are starting to come together but I still struggle with my design and flow objectives.  I want to retain an old school exploration feel but with more updated look of games like Deus Ex: HR.    That's tough to balance, so I will probably have to dial back my desires considerably.

No comments: