Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2017

Free AWK pdf book and personal updates

https://ia802309.us.archive.org/25/items/pdfy-MgN0H1joIoDVoIC7/The_AWK_Programming_Language.pdf

It's been released for free, so pick up your copy now and immerse yourself in one of the most useful languages ever devised for an operating system! :)

As to other updates:
I'm still waiting for my final sky (savannah sun) to be added to the store so I can give it as a pack freebie.  It's brilliant and gorgeous :).  I still have trouble with my sky rendering tool putting lines on certain types of skies but it's acceptable for me and frankly it's a freebie.  So I think people will live with it.  With the right bloom settings, it doesn't even show up.

Also I made significant progress on my new upcoming project.  I got a vector library (vectorial) for Lua imported into Game-Guru  and began pumping my output to it.  It works well though GG's interpretation of Lua code is quirky at best.  On top of that I have a weird error where Game-Guru will give me exactly ONE Lua error before it stops giving me any error messages at all.  Makes debugging extremely difficult.

On a side note my wife has been delving into the Unreal engine while I finish up this project for Game Guru.  I plan on joining her shortly but I'm encouraged by her work.  She's really done quite a lot for a span of 2-3 days. 

I want to wrap up my work in Game Guru with a module makers can add that will allow a significant amount of control and power to the environment.  Once that's for sale (warning, it's going to be about $15 but will absolutely be worth it) I plan on using those proceeds to buy assets for Unreal as I transition to that engine.

No comments: