Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2017

What's going on?

So a lot is going on at this time.  I should mention a lot of different things that have occurred virtually simultaneously.
Most notable is that the Game Guru release 1.14 has come out, including the new EBE!  It's been a long time coming, for sure.  I am, however, waiting to see what sub-patches are required for it.  As it is a few things I've noticed:

1) My globals.lua file got rewritten.  Caused me some heartache as I'm using the vectorial3 lua library in one of my upcoming projects and I had it defined there.  No big deal.

2) EBE seems a little glitchy.  It isn't quite there yet. I had some collision issues and also some placement issues.  Other than that, seems reasonably good though I have a lot more to learn about it.

3) FXAA and lens flare effect... not a fan.  The lens flare can't be disabled without turning off bloom, a common theme for the post-effects processing in Game-Guru.  FXAA *DID* improve the quality of the visuals by a bit.  However, I am still running reshade.  YMMV.

4) Holy... shit - I need to buy WID's new scifi pack and review it.

Anyways on with more personal items:

  • My upcoming project is making good headway though I am running into issues with passing variables to functions for processing.  I also need to come up with a good way to determine a vector's direction versus my current system.  This way I can figure out if the math is going to be + or - and run the appropriate code for it
  • Marie, my beautiful and intelligent wife, is now working in Unreal Engine 4 and doing impressive things.  I'm helping her where I can but blueprint is logically hard for me as I'm an old school text coder.  
  • I'm cleaning my basement.  It sucks, massively.
  • Playing Mechwarrior and WOT primarily.

That's what's up. I  am trying real hard to get my project done so I can move onto unreal.
Thanks!

No comments: