Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekly status report 1/11/2016

This morning has been hell.  Bowie's gone, what a loss :(

Anyways, on to the project statuses.

All the old inactives are still inactive (Gasp!).

With respect to the Sci-Fi project:
1) I'm still learning blender.  There's a lot to do there.  I keep having to interrupt my learning time and it's setting me back a bit.

2) I need to flesh out story/objectives more.

3) Voodoo has posted new assets and I'm trying to best figure out how to use them for what I want to do.  It's difficult because a lot of what he posted is completely incongruous with the first round of items he put out.


I know a few levels of what I'm doing:
1) A cyber-zone using 'thegridd'.
2) An alien zone (using oldflak's sear nebula base sky and outdoor voodoo assets).  This is probably going to be the last set of levels.
3) The standard array of 'starbase' levels - a medlab, an engineering/bridge section, hydroponics, residential, the entertainment district, etc.

The problems stem from having too many assets, ironically.  Game-Guru's greatest strength is the amount of cheap & free assets are available.  The weakness is of course managing those assets. The internal management system is really not scaled well and so any time you get a large quantity it just sort of falls apart.

No comments: