Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Weekly project status report: 1/19/2016

I'll admit, I got sidetracked by a few things this week.  For once, it wasn't some kind of insanity regarding my wife's attempt at a natural birth after a c-section for our first.  Instead, it was gaming insanity. 

First, I was working on getting free mechs in Mechwarrior Online - and that was easy enough but a grind nonetheless. 

Done and done. Went all the way up to the 40pt mark for the other goodies too.

Second, I started playing wow again with the wife (Goddamnit Blizzard >_> ). 


The allure of an upcoming 'fun' new class of rogue (pirate) was too much to ignore... for now. 

Third, I managed to get the attention of one John Romero, Formerly of iD Software Fame; moreover he was impressed by my write-up eval of his original work for Doom 1
This was in response to his remake of E1M8 (Thank god for that!) and release of the new map after 21 years of stony silence for Doom 1 releases (beyond community stuff). 

I played it (it was awesome) and did another write-up on that, which he enjoyed as well.

This is the kind of thing I'm gonna hang on my mental wall for a long, long time.

Then, sneaking under the radar came a post which I made a bit ago that apparently started to get a fair amount of attention (it went from 5 views to like 50, which was substantial considering I only put it on the game-guru web forums).  


http://gamegurureport.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-game-guru-artists-of-2015.html

So that was all really cool and totally made me lose focus of what I was doing with my projects.  So on with the status update!

1) Sci-Fi FPS WIP:  Newest screenshots here - I got my hands on a shader module that's working for game-guru and what a difference it makes.  Needs a LOT more fine tuning though.  Level design is coming along but I need some more assets to make some of the forthcoming levels work.  So I'm waiting for TGC to put out their sci-fi asset pack as I like some of the pieces.

2) My 2nd book for The Neo-Monegasque Chronicles.  **** this thing, seriously.  This book gives me fits because it's like my 'twin towers'.  I just *CAN'T* seem to make it interesting.  It's getting on my nerves.

3) MW:DA Game - indefinite hold until the Sci-Fi FPS is moving forward.

----
Day job projects:  New one just came in.  Can't discuss - involves puppet and has a very tight deadline.
SALT on SLES 11.4 - being a PITA. 

No comments: