Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

This Week in Game-Guru 1/3/2018

Happy New Years, everyone. I hope you all had a great holiday.

I'm super busy getting caught up but I have a few updates to go over.  From my standpoint, I completed several interesting projects in Game-Guru I'll post shortly.  I'd like to wrap up some minor bugs but I am pleased with the results.  That aside, I ran into some serious issues with the engine's ability to make standalone files.  While standalone exports have always been an issue, it seems the latest public preview edition had more and more issues as time went on.  It felt like I was hitting snags on every export, with every third or fourth being the 'good' one.  Really hoping we see an update soon.


ENGINE UPDATE PROGRESS REPORT


No news to report here, sadly.  Holiday usually means Lee disappears off the face of the earth for an inordinate amount of time.  We'll probably hear from him again in march.  :(

NEW PRODUCTS IN THE STORE









In the store, there were a few new products with only a few notable updates.  Mstockton put up some nice locks and keys, which are always useful. On top of that Mad Lobster put up some interesting medical equipment for download.  They're well priced and look great.



Grobyken's new stuff is starting to pop up on the site as well and I highly recommend giving it a look as his latest models are a massive leap forward over his previous stuff.


FREE STUFF

The past few weeks have been relatively bereft of any real freebies aside from a few nice ones that found their way onto the scene:

First we have Bugsy's free scooter.  I like Bugsy's models and this one is no exception.  Should be a good city prop.


Next we have something a bit more simple that came as a request from a user, a series of 'street party flags'.  The kind of little celebratory banners they post to make a city seem more festive.  Looks like these freebies came out well:

Going back a few more days we find a nice free set of characters from Lafette, who has generously provided something that would normally cost a fair amount on the store for free:

They've got lots of custom animations as well!


THIRD PARTY TOOLS





While not necessarily a third party tool, this thread on PBR workflows is similar in the sense that it provides a good bit of information on using third party tools to create PBR assets within Game-Guru, something I'm still struggling with.  https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219159

RANDOM ACTS OF CREATIVITY


Some interesting stuff out there but mostly the same old projects.
I did find a new trailer for Kshatriya by Bugsy though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9SnoHh5m7w

I'm looking forward to posting some of my own recent work online so keep an eye out for that in the near future.

No comments: