Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2018

I think I need to get off the blogger platform.

There's virtually no value to me being on this platform.
Might be time to switch to wordpress.

I'm obviously shadowbanned on most of Google's services (probably due to my heavy conservative bias elsewhere in the internet); my view rate is virtually nil despite the fact I know approximately 30-50 regulars come here.  Searches on google.com make it nearly impossible to find this blog, despite it being such a singular purpose and having a specific focus that it's almost shocking.  I mean google vs bing, bing shows me as 2nd for results whereas google shows 7th-8th on a similar search.  I'm also unable to use adsense at all, so really I do this for writing practice and literally nothing else.

The blogger widgets are a joke.  Etc.  Etc.  There's just poor integration across the board and I'm not really sure what the purpose of using this platform is.

For now I'll continue as usual but don't be surprised if there's a switch in the future.

I'm going to play with some settings, revisit previous pages that had better labeling, metatags, etc.  Overall, however, this site is frustrating to maintain primarily because of the restrictions imposed by both a bad platform and one that seems specifically intent on crushing my readership's accessibility.

No comments: