Search This Blog

Friday, January 19, 2018

Game-Guru Lua Notepad++ API

So while it wasn't tremendously difficult to implement, I made a simple XML Game-Guru Lua ANSI API for Notepad++.  Most of us Lua scripters for Game-Guru are already using NPP(Notepad++) for coding as it has built in Lua support, allowing autocomplete of functions and encapsulation of loops. That said, I desired something that would allow me to autocomplete common functions (which already was happening on projects I have of substantial size) for Game-Guru specific Lua work.

I realized this must be a fairly simple thing to do in NPP as many other groups have done it (Noteably Love, which is a Lua extension that I used as a framework for my work here).

What I've done is gone on and created a Lua API for Notepad++ that will simply and easily configure NPP to auto-fill Game-Guru functions for you, give you a list of functions to browse and give you a simple bit of detail about each function as well as it's inputs and outputs (for instance, if it returns a number or what not).  It's all completely free for anyone interested.

More information is available here: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219215

No comments: