Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2017

Weather System Status

So recently I posted an update to the forums.

I resubmitted my weather and time of day system last night to Game Guru's store.  I made significant progress on some pieces that have been outstanding for quite some time.  I added a modified version of my function library that shows how to transition to a specific state and also a simple 'instant state change' script. Added better documentation, made a test map, bundled it all properly so the store would read the weather stuff etc.

I made some pictures and sent it on up.  We'll see how it goes. 

In the meantime though..
Recently though I had a spurt of inspiration and have begun adding some minor improvements to it. So I might already have to revise my update... assuming they actually accept the submission which has always been a chore.  They're needlessly bureaucratic on the tgcstore.net site and it's frustrating to work with in that regard. 

Rant aside, I'm planning on adding some really interesting things to the weather system such as:
  • Random rainstorms will have a 1/3rd chance of being a lightning storm (with sound)
  • Heavy/light fog conditions which will override preset TOD settings.
  • Possible ambient music/sound using 'startrain/snow/etc' trigger zones.
Little things like that ;)

No comments: