Search This Blog

Thursday, March 30, 2017

So .. WTF Mike?

Yeah, this is kind of how I feel.  I'm missing deadlines pretty regularly here with my weather/time of day system.  That's because it's not being worked on.  I have been in the process of switching jobs and it tends to occupy me completely until I develop a new routine.  So expect a few months of upheaval.

That said a few things have been done lately:
1) I've been working on my book project intermittently again.  Note, it's not related to the Neo-Monagasque books.   Thank god.  It's a one shot single story.  I'm hoping to bundle it and some others into their own collection of novellas.

2) I am finalizing a really simple script I'm going to put on the store.  It's for a truck game I am making for my son.  It lets you pick up loads and earn income.  Very basic stuff.  It's a series of about 5-6 scripts which all perform different functions.  I want to make a simple demo game to go with this.

3) Every good list should have a third item.  Uhhhh... yeah

Games-wise I finished Dragon Age Inquisition.  It's probably the best game I've played in at least ten years.  The Trespasser DLC absolutely makes it though; as good as DAI is, the ending is weak without Trespasser.  With Trespasser it's just perfect.  So since then I've been playing StarPoint Gemini 2 - primarily because I've been watching The Expanse, which is a really excellent Sci-Fi Show.  I commandeer some 'upgrades' for my ships, sell the excess, make a big profit.  Fun game, I'm hoping finishing it won't take too long.  I know my wife and her WoW account are calling so I'll have to start spending time there soon too despite my disdain for WoW.

No comments: