Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2018

This Week in Game-Guru - 7/16/2018

I'll be the first to admit I've been overwhelmed by life and a bit burned out on Game-Guru.   This has coupled to a sort of fallout with doing this blog, which I will have to start making some changes to to make it more functional from my standpoint.  At least, in the near term.

I will try dropping the 'whats new in the store' as this section alone takes inordinate amounts of time for this blog.

Game-Guru Official News:


https://www.thegamecreators.com/post/gameguru-mega-pack-1-dlc-updated-3

Game-Guru continues their march forward with Github-powered updates.  It's producing a lot more over this last year than it's done in the last 4 or so, so it's a lot to keep up with.  The latest batch of updates resolved the following:

"Back in the main product, we continue to improve existing features as much as adding new ones, specifically an improvement to the depth buffer which controls the fidelity of visuals when viewing objects at a distance.  In the previous update, some camera distance settings could lower the resolution of the depth buffer causing z-artifacts, which has now been solved by a higher quality depth map.
We'll continue to upgrade more entities to PBR assets in the background, and in the meantime, if you want to get your hands on the GameGuru Mega Pack 1 DLC, it's currently on promotion right now:"

However in addition to materials updates for existing 'mega packs' and the addition of a new construction pack, there's also engine-based updates which are pretty regular now.  I wish they'd produce patch notes, however, to help make my job curating it a bit easier as there's simply too much to follow at any given time.

Regardless, it's still coming along nicely.

There's also this gem: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219846


With Preben adding some very big updates to the lighting system.  I've also heard that others are adding 'panther AI' to the game engine as well.

What's new in the store:

Check it for yourself this week :P

More seriously though this is the most stand-out item of the last few weeks - pasquill's shipping containers set.  Very well priced, very high quality.

For four dollars, you can't beat that.
Also - I've updated the pricing on my own store items, significantly reducing MANY of the cost of packs as they stand.  Some are down 15-75% in cost.  Check out the packs here today!

https://www.tgcstore.net/artist/190502/packs

FREE STUFF


Notably I found this awesome addition: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219812
A free gun, by Bugsy!  Really awesome stuff.

THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS


Ok so.. yeah. This one I'll circle back to.  There's literally too much to go over and I've already spent hours aggregating a lot of this information.



RANDOM ACTS OF CREATIVITY


Some new games have been released.  It's nice to see DK productions re-working Hunted: A Step too far along with some hush hush stuff I was given some early teasers on.

Bugsy's been especially active lately, with a lot of testing and updates:  https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219234?page=2


Check out that skyline!


A cartoony western by Slaur3n - https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/217684


IN MY OWN WORKS


Ehhhhh.  Don't make me talk about this.  I'm obviously lagging on this.  But mostly I need to get off my ass and start working on work-related things for Game-Guru. 

No comments: