Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2018

This Week in Game-Guru - 05/14/2018

Official Game-Guru News:


Nothing new here.  Just some AppGameKit Game-Guru Loader updates. I don't personally use either products so it's not particularly relevant to me.

New Products On The Store:


There's not a lot this week after last week's frenzy.





As you can see, not much.  Some new animals, skies, and buildings.  Unfortunately none of this is particularly stand-out to me.

Free Stuff:


HonkeyBoy has given some nice looking free bamboo models: CLICK HERE
JPH Games made a tunnel PBR pack - I don't really know if I like the texturing on it but some might find some use:  CLICK HERE
Some cool little Cacti by Lafette II:  CLICK HERE
Some free textures (always useful, IMO) here: CLICK HERE
A really excellent liquor/beer bottle from GraPhiX: CLICK HERE

Third Party Tools:


There's a free HUD generator WIP worth looking at: CLICK HERE

Random Acts of Creativity:

So Bugsy has updated Direct Action II's screenshots in his WIP thread and WOW, looks great. 

Here's one to whet your appetite:




I'd show a few but there's like 12 or so so just check it out with this link instead: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219234?page=1#msg2597438

Next up we have an update video from DuchenKuke which really shows the extent of his game's state.  It's fairly impressive and worth a look!


In My Own Works:

Book progress is slow, but that's ok.  I simply have a lot of obligations around this time of year.  As the summer heats up, my book writing will too :)

Picked up a few gems to add though so I'm eager to dump some time into getting that book pounded out, hopefully another 30k words in the next two months.  As it stands, I'm sitting at 55k words, which is no small accomplishment, considering the end goal is around 120k

My Lua Notepad++ API needs an update too.  Maybe I'll get to that in the next few weeks.

I'll admit I've been dumping most of my creative energies into designing my Battletech: A Time of War RPG campaign.  We're prepping for Session 0 (Character Creation) and Session 1 (first play through my custom campaign) and it's been invigorating.  It's interesting to bring my video game design philosophies to the pen and paper rpg domain.

Lastly my Advanced Time of Day and Weather system and all Skies pack is on sale this week for 17.99 (normal price 24.99!)



























No comments: