Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2018

This Week in Game-Guru - 02/26/2018

So this week I am proud to say that I've signed a book deal for my Game-Guru book (title withheld) with CRC Press.  It's going to be a monster.  450 pages, minimum and it's already well on the way.


Stay tuned to this space for more updates on it.  If you are a content maker for Game-Guru, be aware I'm looking for assets to include with the book.  Namely some weapons, buildings, and clutter objects.  Contact me via this site, email, or PM me on the forums for more details.


Now on with the show :)

ENGINE UPDATE PROGRESS REPORT 


While not necessarily an 'engine progress' report, it's worth noting that some of the freelancers working on the git branch of GameGuru are  looking to get a donation stream started.  There's some contention about where it should go and how it should be disbursed but there's a lively discussion on the matter here: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/219376

Beyond that we're looking at the newest build being pipelined out as a 'main' build (no longer public preview) very shortly.  I think they're just looking for the results of this latest PP build which I have found personally to be very stable.


NEW PRODUCTS  IN THE STORE


storepic1


On the store we have a few new interesting items.  Mad lobster workshop is.. STILL ADDING THINGS NEARLY A YEAR LATER TO HIS KIT.  I mean.. it's cool, I appreciate the value but I almost feel like this guy is shooting himself in the foot at this point.  He'd make more and it'd be more appealing to purchasers if he started doing a new pack. Anywho we have a new set of PBR assets from him that look great.  I'm excited to try them out.

Next we have a stogie that looks fantastic by master of clutter himself, Teabone.

storepic2


And lastly there are some helicopters by AlfredX10.  Not my cup of tea but overall decently done enough.  Alfred's got a lot of skill with modelling so I'm looking forward to see him work more on new models for GameGuru.



FREE STUFF 


Lots of great new stuff this week.  Graphix has made some phenomenal models which are free for use.  They include two new weapons.  Namely a really nasty looking hammer and a barbed-wire baseball bat!

Looks nasty, doesn't it?

Tarkus1971 has added something a little different, namely a creepy basement audio track for free use.  Audio tracks are hard to find, harder still to get for free.  Definitely don't miss it!


THIRD PARTY TOOLS 



Entity welder has received an update.  Per BOTR: (here"version 1.7.3 now uploaded and available. Emails sent to all relevant users. Any issues, please let me know."


RANDOM ACTS OF CREATIVITY

This week we see some interesting new projects as well as some updates by the older and more established creators.

The first new project is by 'noahuk '.  It's called 'Evil of Asylym' and actually looks fairly well put together.  You can view a video of it by going here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QayycyzjZ5c

Next we have "schneeky's maze" which I have to say is an impressive departure from the typical first person shooter game we see. 

Definitely not your usual GameGuru game!

This maze game uses a robot navigating VR-style terrain from a top-down view. 

In terms of updates we have an update from the increasingly chatty Dimoxinil who has added more PBR textures to his work.

Looks great!

Lastly Wolf has made a rare appearance, though if only to unlock a thread on one of his ongoing projects.  I'm hoping to see an update there soon.

IN MY OWN WORKS


Gotta keep my cards close to the vest at this point.  I have a lot going on, though a reminder that the Camerakit was recently made available on the store.  Give it a glance, let me know what you think!

As mentioned previously - there's a book coming.  It'll probably be in print middle of next year, but in the meantime I am looking for interested authors to help me provide materials with the book.  If you have something you'd like to donate, please don't hesitate to contact me (use the contact form on the right)!  I also have a very small budget to work with or will trade you free copies of my own products.  You'll also get a mention on the acknowledgements section.  Up to you how you want to try to get in on the ground floor of something unique in the GameGuru world!


No comments: