Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

No, I haven't forgotten you.

Oh sweet, dear readers ... all ten of you...

I haven't forgotten about this blog.

No actually I've been exceptionally busy with the holidays!  There's a lot to do, after all.

I'm in the process of making a game, with my 6 y/o ... our first collaboration ;) for my wife, for Christmas.  In that vein, I've had to do some scripting for lighting transitions, collect quests, etc.

The actual game design work is coming along well.  Though there's still a significant amount to do.  Actually with such a clean cut end goal to run towards, it's really helped streamline my process.  I learned a lot along the way as well, which I will hopefully be adding here soon.

I'll try to get some reviews done.  All in all though, very good stuff.

One very interesting thing that's developed was this:

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216862

A forum user had asked me about some issues with fog effects not covering the sky sufficiently which I was able to duplicate:


It was forming a very clear line of demarcation on the skybox, which was making the fog seem box-shaped.

The solution was provided here: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/216862#msg2564866

Basically it's a replacement shader.  I'm still playing with the values suggested in the post, but overall the results are very good.


No comments: